Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Have some more lo...

This month I'm on template duty at Snap and Scrap. This next week we will be featuring Amy Riley. I chose her kit Sweet Pea. This isn't the best pic for a preview of this size, but the quality of the parts are exceptional. I loved those papers. They were just perfect for me
I also am trying to get the most bang for my buck in doing as many challenges as possible. ScrapMAtters' Saturday challenge is currently going on and the technique we're focusing on is selective coloring, where you take a b&w photo and make just a bit of the color shine through. I like the design of my lo in general, not entirely fond of the selective coloring...


They also have started heritage challenges and if any of you know me, I am a nut for genealogy. It's what I studied in school, so any heritage challenges are right up my alley. I'm just going to copy and paste the requirements for this challenge.

*Your challenge for the month of October is to make a cohesive two-page spread:
One page is a "goal layout" about what 3 of the things you most want to know about your ancestors (living or dead). You don't need to find out the answers these are just goals of things you want to learn. If you're like me there will be many more than three things you want to know. Just pick three things and just start.
For the second page you need to answer those questions about yourself. You don't need pictures although pictures are great. This is meant to be fairly broad. You won't have room to go into much detail. You can certainly do more than the two-page spread but you will still only get one participation point. Also you don't need to share any private information--it's perfectly ok to blur out names and places. This project is for you.
You also need to print it out onto paper--acid free is best. We'll use the honor system here, but you need to be able to share this with your family. If not now, then 50 years from now, when no one remembers what schools grandma attended or what kind of a car she drove or what her favorite songs were.
You can make these layouts any size/shape format that you want. I will be doing all of mine in rectangle, because all of my family history stuff is in 3-ring binders so I can update the information easily. You might want to start a special album for these challenges.
You have until October 31st to get your pages uploaded to the gallery and posted here in the forum. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to double-dip on this project, but just a reminder that this needs to be a new two-page LO. Have fun and remember that the past is indeed the present tomorrow.*

And these are the 2 pages I made. All of my ancestors came and settled in Pennsylvania. They didn't go ANYWHERE else. I know that everyone always gives the general answer *they came here for a better life* but I'd really want to know WHY EXACTLY they came where they came. Did they realize what they were leaving? Did they know what they were doing? My layouts are about those kinds of questions relating to their migrations.

For the page about me, I did it about coming to Utah, why we came and what we were expecting.


No comments: